Thursday, March 16, 2023

Baja California with the Z's - Day 23: Beach Day!

 It's taken us a while here in Baja California but we finally found a nice accessible spot on a nice beach AND the weather was warm and sunny!

Though the day started overcast and a bit gray, it did brighten up in the late morning after I'd gone riding around with Yagi, my TW200. 

I checked out the nearby "airport", now quite defunct:


Runway Number

Looking towards the campsite from the air strip

Later, while walking about the nearby dunes:




Well, definitely a turtle shell but I think some joker
put a large fish head where it is....



When I returned to the campsite from the above walk, I found Lori and Chris Z. on the water:


Isla San Luis

While I was taking the above shot of Isla San Luis, Chris Z. had walked into the water and gotten a nice dip....of course, I had to do the same!

Afterwards, we all gathered together at the shoreline's waves for a beer:



Yep, it did not suck.

A view of the rigs from our spots on the water

Later in the afternoon, the Z's decided to "go fly a kite":


Here's a video compilation of the Z's beach activities today....it was a very good day!


Dinner was at the Z's, Arrachero!  Skirt Steak bought at BLA, with rice and french fries.




2 comments:

Blaze Our Way said...

I didn't realize you had gotten me assembling and launching the kite! ROFL!!! Good music to go along with the wonderful day. And I didn't even get a sunburn. Win!

SonjaM said...

"Yep, it did not suck." wins the understatement-of-the-year award, Dom!