One of the major to-do's causing my flying home from Arizona in late January was to attend Jury Duty selection.
February 10, Monday, was part of a group of 150 prospective jurors assigned to a Homicide Trial. Lucky me, I apparently am everything lawyers seek in a potential juror and I was selected to be one of 14 jurors for the trail. Twelve of us will eventually render a verdict, with two others as "alternate" jurors to ensure the number doesn't drop below the twelve required.
Good thing they have "spares", one juror got sick and had to drop out soon after the trial started.
Can't say much else about the trial of course, but I can provide pictures of the Uraling done to get to/from the courthouse. The weather has been quite cold and snowy since before the trial. I did have to swap out the worn down pusher tire for a new Heidenau K37 as the old tire just wasn't gripping well in the snow and ice.
Arapahoe County Courthouse
Broncos Training Center located nest to the Courthouse
The two days after the above photo, the sun came out and melted a lot of the snow off the roads though it was still sticking to the landscape.
Here's the view from the jury's deliberation room where the 13 of us, one had dropped out sick, would sit around a table....unable to discuss the trail so far and basically exchanging awkward glances in the ensuring silences.
The fenced in building is the county jail I believe
Feb 15, Saturday, after having failed to find any available handyman to do the installation of drywall, I decided to do it myself! Never thought it'd be that hard to get people to take my money.
Dale B. turned up and lent me a hand with the "mudding" process soon after I had (with Patrick's help), cut and mounted most of the "moisture resistant" drywall panels.
Over the President's Day weekend, Dale B basically did most of the second mud coat application. Once that was dry, I could start applying "texture" from a spray can, and then priming/painting the drywall to protect not only the drywall panels but the dried mud.
Feb 17, Monday, the truck from Waste Management's Bagster program came by as scheduled and picked up all the old drywall pieces, tiles, the bath tub and associated waste. It was actually a bit cheaper than me taking it all to the local dump, go figure.
Feb 18, Tuesday evening, I applied the second coat of paint and caulked all the seams where the drywall panels touched the shower panels to ensure no water gets behind the panels.
I believe, this is the 95% final result. I still have to try and reinstall the wood trim along the bottom edge of the walls.
Not even close to a professional finish but good enough for us! So glad this particular project is "complete", we'll see how things hold up in the long run.
The court trial continues, scheduled to end Friday afternoon. I'm hoping to be on a plane bound for Phoenix, AZ this coming Sunday morning.