Sunday, February 02, 2020

Been under the weather....

I got back to Colorado on Friday, the 24th of January.

By Saturday afternoon I started feeling sick and by Sunday was in the full throes of some flu-like symptoms.  I did manage to take Scarlett, my 2014 Ural Patrol out for a short ride to catch the sunset.


 Pikes Peak


The next few days were spent coughing and feeling tired and achy.

By Friday I was feeling much better and so began the major task I had for my time here before I go back to Arizona to retrieve the URRV and resume camping.

Pretty much did the demolition of the bathtub/shower in the basement.  There'd been evidence of water damage and some mildew under the tub and it was time to rip it out and replace it with something else.



Martha got me one of those "dumpster in a bag" setups from the local big box store and its on the driveway now, perhaps half filled with the debris resulting from the above demolition.

Here's how it looks now, I think perhaps ready for the initial test fit of the Full Surround Shower that we picked up at the same big box store today.


After picking up the stuff, it was time for some riding.  It's been over six weeks (basically the time I'd been gone camping) since I'd ridden Brigitta, my '87 BMW R80 Airhead motorcycle.

We went on about a 65 mile or so loop of county roads riding to the east of the cesspool that is the Metro Denver area.  Very enjoyable in spite of the wind which wasn't too bad but noticeable. 

Sunny with the temperature around 70°F (21°C), it was pretty nice riding weather for February!  Of course, this coming week, we'll be lucky to see temperatures above freezing according to the forecast, we got snow inbound.



Still have some minor coughing going on and some sniffles but I think I'll live. 

8 comments:

SonjaM said...

Another surviver of the man-flu ;-) I was also down with the sniffles, well not bad enough to stop working but bad enough to be annoyed.

The bathtub corner looks like a perfect spot for a nice huge shower place with a rain shower head.

redlegsrides said...

Man-flu SonjaM? Had to look that up! :)

Luckily I didn’t have to work thru the symptoms!

Oz said...

Glad you are feeling better. Do you ever feel busier now than when you worked full time?

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz and yes, sometimes I wonder how I got stuff done.

RichardM said...

That sounds like one of those projects that just grows. Pretty ambitious.

redlegsrides said...

I am hopefully going to avoid scope creep on this one....

CCjon said...

Better to have the flu while at home than on the road. You timed it perfectly since you had to be in CO anyways... Recover quickly so you can get back to riding and writing.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon but I believe i got the bug while in crowded airports or trapped in a steel tube flying.....just goes to show.....avoid crowds!