Wednesday, March 27, 2024

One Night Stands Enroute to Colorado

 I have started heading back to Colorado and home since yesterday.

Tuesday, March 26

I left the BLM areas south of Ajo, AZ and spent the morning driving east, retracing my way back towards Tucson and eventually the Indian Bread Recreation Area BLM camp ground.

It was a mostly overcast and chilly day.  Since I was just staying one night, I grabbed the first available site and tucked the VRRV and the CR-V into it.


You can see the approaching rains above.  It would start raining but then it turned to hail!

We did get an hour of bright sunshine once the rains passed to the east but otherwise, it was a crappy weather day.  I even ran the propane heater in the evening as temperatures dropped into the high 30s by morning.

Wednesday, March 27

Left shortly after sunrise, and by 1 PM I was back in New Mexico and in the usual boondocking area to the north of Elephant Butte, NM.  It's my usual stopping point when going either north or south on I-25.




As you can see above, I didn't even dismount Yagi, my TW200 from the front rack.  Just unhooking the CR-V to make it easier to setup and level the VRRV.  Just one night here and then on to at least Springer, NM tomorrow!

3 comments:

CCjon said...

Safe travels

RichardM said...

Nice sunset! Enjoy your time back home.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon.

Thanks RichardM.