Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Mini-Displacement to Indian Bread Rocks BLM

There was a gathering of dirt bikes and OHVs starting Friday night, their noise and crappy behavior bothered me.  Behavior such as riding fast and noisy between established campsites.  10 MPH speed limit on the main access road?  Forget about it!

Ah, such is the environment where sand dunes and the weekenders gather I told myself.  Young kids being stupid, remember when you were their age I reminded myself.

Things got worse Saturday morning as more OHVs raced about on the dunes as I rode about for pictures.  Still, I managed to get some pics of Yagi, my TW200, without getting hit by some speeding OHV or dirt bike.

Javelina Peak






Dust Devil!

Returning to camp...

After lunch, feeling restless and still hearing OHV and dirt bikes revving engines and racing about...I left the Hot Wells Sand Dunes area and drove the CR-V south towards Bowie, AZ.

From Bowie, it's less than 10 miles to the Indian Bread Rocks BLM camping area.  I've stayed there many times with the VRRV and remembered the quiet environment one enjoys there.

I saw several camping spots open as I traversed the camping area.  I returned to Hot Well Dunes, saw that there were even more OHVs and dirt bikes which had shown up  The best part?  They were all in same group and now formed "convoys" of OHVs and dirt bikes, all revving their engines as they drove off to the dunes through and between established campsites.

So, I broke camp and left.

In the intervening time period, two of the prime sites at Indian Bread Rocks had been taken but I found a good site that was still open.



Ah, the quiet was most welcome.  Well worth the work moving a short 26 miles and slightly interrupting the Senior Shuffle mode I was trying to make happen.

4 comments:

Oz said...

Glad you found a quite place to set up for a while.

CCjon said...

Can now hear the quiet in your writing... smart decision

RichardM said...

Too bad you were compelled to move. The dunes looked like a nice area. But so does the new location.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Gents, one benefit of RV'ing is one can leave behind annoying "neighbors"