Thursday, March 14, 2024

Boondocking by the Dragoon Mountains

Yesterday, March 13, I left the Indian Bread BLM Rec Area and headed to Willcox, AZ to dump tanks and take on water and propane.  The KOA there, which I've used before, has gotten more expensive.  $15 to dump and $15 for water!

I then fueled up at the Love's and got propane there.

Next I drove to Benson, AZ where I'd hoped to pick up an Amazon delivery at the locker there.  The package hadn't been delivered yet so I elected to go stay for a few days at the camping areas in the Coronado National Forest near Tombstone, AZ.

The original plan had been to get the package then continue the 90 minutes or so to the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge.  Oh well, no rush right?

The place was about 1/3 full when I got there and I grabbed a spot that I'd used before on a previous trip.



Later in the afternoon, under mostly cloudy skies, I rode about on Yagi to look around.




The sunset was pretty good:


2 comments:

SonjaM said...

Interesting shape of the mountains. Looks like sharp teeth. And yes, the sunset pics turned out quite nicely. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

Sharp teeth indeed SonjaM....they apparently served nicely as hiding spots for the Chiricahua Apache, with famed chief Cochise being mentioned prominently.