Sunday, March 24, 2024

Now Boondocking near Ajo, AZ

Friday, March 22

I didn't do much of anything, just relaxing again, rediscovering radio stations over the Internet for musical intervals.  I did trim off the end of the rubber tube (which had split) that connects the crankcase to the airbox on Yagi, my TW200.  I'm hoping that's where the smell of burnt oil is coming from lately.

It was gloriously sunny and warm with no breeze.

Here's Friday's sunset:



Saturday, March 23

The day was spent just relaxing mostly along with prepping to displace.  It was solidly overcast most of the day, with the sun teasing me every once in a while.  It was moderately windy as well, a weather front moving through to the north apparently.

The sunset was pretty good though:

Sunday, March 24

I left the BANWR around 7:30 AM this morning, having done a lot of the prep work yesterday afternoon.  It had rained enough overnight to leave puddles on the desert floor, and muddy conditions in the low spots. 

I got to the BLM dispersed camping areas to the south of Ajo, AZ around 11 AM and found the first spot taken.  Oh well, managed to find another good spot, secluded but with weak cell signal, usable with the deployment of the weBoost cell booster.


I'm close to Locomotive Rock

I went on a very short ride on Yagi to see how the crankcase tube repair had worked (all ok so far) and get different angles on Locomotive Rock:

Near the rock's base, you can hike all the way to the
bottom of the gap between the two big rocks, perhaps tomorrow.

The southwestern side of Locomotive Rock


No comments: