Monday, March 04, 2024

Boondocking in the Picacho Peak Recreation Area near Las Cruces

I left Texas behind yesterday.  One weird thing that I didn't realize before, I crossed into the Mountain Time Zone about an hour or so before I crossed the border into New Mexico!  Weird.

I returned to a camping spot near BLM land to the west of Las Cruces, NM.  Here's a link to that stay: LINK, LINK2

The Vacuum Line bypass worked fine on the drive from Toyah, TX to Las Cruces, NM.  As expected, because I'd bypassed the vacuum reservoir, the AC vents would lack vacuum when the engine came under load on the inclines; and so the actuator would close the vents and default to the defrost vents.  This was just momentary, I would add, and the cab of the VRRV stayed nice and cool.

I would also add: I actually had to turn down the temperature on the AC at times, it was actually making me feel cold!  

I've got a vacuum reservoir on order via Amazon, will fit it in later this week and will see it that remedies the temporary lapses of vacuum when the engine is "under load".

It was very windy all morning till mid-afternoon, luckily it died off by the late afternoon.

No comments: