Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Boondocking in Arizona: Hot Well Dunes

Left the Las Cruces, NM area this morning and by the afternoon I was pulling into the BLM managed Hot Well Dunes Recreation Area.

I like this area a lot, it's got dunes, trails and two "hot tubs" filled with hot springs water for soaking one's troubles away.

I found more campers already here than I like but managed to snag a good spot that's within walking distance of the "Hot Wells", aka cement hot tubs.


As you can see, the day was overcast though not windy so all good.  It had been pretty windy the last three days in New Mexico.  The next couple of days will be cooler than today but then it warms up for the weekend.

I did a little bit of riding around with Yagi, my TW200, and she did pretty good on the soft sandy trails.  There was some outrigger action of course but not too bad.

Today's sunset augurs well for tomorrow, I hope the saying is right:  Red Sky at Night, Sailor's Delight.

4 comments:

Oz said...

Great sunset photo! Hope tomorrow is a great day for you.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz!

CCjon said...

Nice capture of the place in both photos. Enjoy the hot springs.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks, CCjon.