Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Boondocking/Uraling in the Barry Goldwater AF Range B

Monday, March 2.

No riding today.  Temperatures were kind of cool with the skies being mostly cloudy all day and rain in the late afternoon.  Spent the time instead fixing things on the URRV.


Managed to once again bend the metal moulding on the right rear corner of the URRV while backing the trailer and it impacting the corner slightly.  I hammered things back into shape but it's not great.  Must figure out a way to prevent further contact by the trailer when I happen to cause it to swing too wide.

Cleaned up the wiring for the front motorcycle rack's driving lights. 

While hammering on the moulding, managed to have the right side hearing aid fall out of my ear without me noticing.  I noticed later on and after a slightly frantic search, fortunately found it right at the site of the moulding repair!  These new hearing aids from the VA sit further out from the ear canal and are more comfortable but apparently fall out pretty easily!

The rain lasted quite a bit, and formed puddles but it was mostly gone by next morning.  In the meantime though, there was no riding or moving the URRV!  Quite muddy.


After the rain stopped, I got a good shot of the sunset:


Tuesday, March 3

Warmer day today, got into the low 70s!  Mostly sunny in the morning with clear skies in the afternoon and a fierce sun beating down.  It felt good!

The sunrise at the campsite was nothing, but a bit further to the east, some nice view of the distant mountains:






I also took another look at the backup camera's wiring and while I didn't see anything new, all that moving things around apparently fixed a connection issue.  The backup camera is working for now, we'll see how long that lasts.  The replacement system is at my FIL's place waiting for me, guess I'll keep it as a "hot spare".

In the afternoon, it warmed up enough that I was able to ride Fiona, my '99 Ural Patrol with the Beemer engine down to Trail 605 and took it south all the way to near the border of area B of the Barry Goldwater Air Force range.  Rock formations form the norther and southern borders of this area of the range, I guess it makes it easy for the Zoomies to spot the borders of the range!

There were some nice rock formations a bit east of the SW corner of Area B, so I parked Fiona near them for pics:







Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer and sunny!

4 comments:

CCjon said...

Smart move, those mud holes looked slippery.

redlegsrides said...

Gooey and slippery CCjon, heck I managed to get briefly stuck on a dry creek bed full of just loose gravel over sand that was dry! I’d still be there is it had been wet.

SonjaM said...

Nice backdrop for your vehicles, Dom ;-)

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM!