Friday, March 06, 2020

A little T-Dub'ing, a resupply ride to Ajo, more A-10s and a sunset

I woke in time to capture what turned out to be a pretty colorful sunrise:





Around 9AM I rode Yagi, my Yamaha TW200 dualsport over to Gate 14 of the Barry Goldwater AF Range to check it for suitable campsite candidates.  Nice area, but not much in terms of good campsites.  A couple were "OK" but cellular internet was not good.

I then rode Yagi over to the area behind Gate 15 and confirmed two good spots for camping in the future.  Of course, I also posed Yagi among the rock formations.




Rode back to camp  and prepared to load up Fiona, my '99 Ural Patrol with empty gas and water cans to refill them in Ajo, twenty miles or so away.  I also had to pick up a replacement turn signal light bulb for Yagi and some hardware for the URRV.

The A-10 Thunderbolts, a couple of them, returned to do their practice strafing runs on the west side of the highway.  


 The view of an A-10 its intended target sees as the pilot
banks his plane to get a look at the target.


The resupply run was done in the heat of the afternoon after lunch, and it was hot, let me tell ya!

I was glad to get back to the campsite so I could chuck the riding gear and cool off a bit.  Got everything put away, turn signal fixed, motion sensor light re-mounted with the new hardware and relaxed till dinner.

I took Yagi out for the sunset pictures:




No comments: