Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Uraling for Fall Colors along Marshall Pass Road

 Tuesday, Oct 11

No riding today, spent the rather windy day working on stuff within and outside the VRRV.  Chores such as applying 303 Protectant on all rubber seals and decals on the VRRV.  Fixing a dislodge section of trim on the right rear corner of the VRRV, must have caught it on a stump or something while parking it.


I cleaned off the old sealant, a little hammering after applying new sealant and it's all "good".

Some cleaning tasks, and a check of the hardware securing the front rack that carries Yagi.  All good.  If not working on something, I was reading or resting inside the VRRV, too windy outside adding an unwelcome wind chill factor.

Wednesday, Oct 12

Today I rode Scarlett up to Marshall Pass Road, seeking more Fall Colors.  In the end, the pickings were slim!  Lots of Aspen have already lost all their leaves, especially alongside the road.  You could see some color down in the valleys below the road but not accessible without some climbing.











Pano with Mt Ouray and part of the
Sangre de Cristo Range

Views along FR 204:



After I returned to US285, I headed into Salida to the Walmart to pick up some stuff and a couple of food items.  I also topped off Scarlett's gas tank and the spare 5 gallon gas can on my way through Poncha Springs.

Got back in the late afternoon, put stuff away and just processed pictures and rested.  I was feeling a bit tired and my right calf had been giving some trouble all day, nothing major, just not full painless mobility yet.

I think I'll revisit the Aspen grove I found closer to me on the southern end of the dispersed camping area tomorrow, we'll see how my calf is feeling.

4 comments:

Oz said...

Even when out camping there are still cheers to do. :) Hope you the Aspen grove provides some great photo opportunities.

CCjon said...

Glad you are out and moving, in spite of an aching calf.

The yellow aspen are still beautiful, you are there at the right time.

redlegsrides said...

More like gimping about, CCjon. It can be a little tricky has to being at the right place at the right time in terms of all colors here, I was past peak on Marshall pass road.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz, there should still be a few more days left of good color in that grove but like I used to tell my kids: you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.