Monday, October 31, 2022

Tree Removal Highlights Unnoticed Fall Colors

I have apparently become quite remiss in keeping track of what's going on in the backyard of my home.  Trevor had actually pointed out to me the dead tree this summer and we'd arranged to remove it next time I was home from camping.

This past weekend, my neighbor Trevor, his wife Nadine and a young friend of theirs helped me by cutting down and carting away a dead tree in my backyard.


After safely cutting the tree down, they cut it into manageable pieces and removed them to a pile next door on their property.  They've a mobile fire pit and the tree will be future fuel for evening fires.  What a good pair of neighbors eh?

As I was standing there, out of the way, watching them cut the tree down, I noticed how the sun was nicely highlighting the trees above.  Hmmm.

Today, I went outside while the sun was behind the tress and got this:


Not too shabby eh?

For the record, I installed a new MaxxAir Vent Cover over the bathroom vent fan.


Installing it took me quite a while, it wasn't as easy as I had thought it'd be, locating the mounting holes correctly.  Still, it's done, I can now leave the bathroom's vent cover open during windy days and while traveling.

The VRRV roof, now with all vent covers in place:




4 comments:

RichardM said...

Nice neighbors! We have a few trees that need to come down. Not because they are dead but because they are leaning towards the house. I will contract a tree removal service for these.

SonjaM said...

Fall foliage in your backyard, how beautiful! I wish I had a view like this... alas no such thing when surrounded by apartment complexes.

redlegsrides said...

We've got one very tall tree which would impact the house if dead and a strong wind came along....so far, it seems healthy enough.

redlegsrides said...

SonjaM, I refer to the many, many,many .new apartment complexes in my surrounding area as "infestations". :(