Saturday, October 08, 2022

Fall Colors on the Road to Cottonwood Lake

 It had been quite cloudy and overcast when I first drove Scarlett, my 2014 Ural Patrol Sidecar Rig, to Cottonwood Lake after having checked out Cottonwood Pass.

I had at the time, thought I should return on a sunnier day; thinking it would improve the collection of Fall Colors pictures.

Today, the sun was out in force and though clouds did form before I was at Cottonwood Lake, there was enough sun if one was patient for clouds to move out of the sun's way.









Sheep Mountain

Reflections


A sight from CR 306

Though not pictured above, there were plenty of cagers out doing their own leaf-peeping.  By 1230 or so, I'd had enough of colors and people, so I headed into town.  Got some groceries and then retreated to my campsite, seeking solitude once more.

The afternoon was breezy but was mostly sunny, good resting weather.

Tonight's sunset show wasn't too shabby:



8 comments:

RichardM said...

Like AK, CO fall colors should be singular. All yellow…

Very nice sunset photos though!

CCjon said...

Dom, that reflections photo is a winner. Great composition, balance, sharp with colors.
Well done!

redlegsrides said...

It's variations of yellow, RichardM! Thanks for the comments.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon for the feedback, means a lot.

SonjaM said...

Another wow moment, Dom. The last shot looks like out of a Ural commercial.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks very much for the kind words, SonjaM.

Oz said...

All are great photos, but I love the next to the last photo. Cottonwood Lake looks like a place I need to visit. Although Colorado has a lot of places I want to visit.

redlegsrides said...

Thank you Oz for your comments. Each state has so much to see and experience, Colorado has been barely explored by me ....