Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Back Home for a bit....

Been back home since Sunday, getting used to being under a house's roof once more.  

Having plenty of hot water for showers is very nice.  Martha's cooking is reminding me that weight gain is in my future if I don't watch it.

Finally got around to finding a better ground point for the backup camera. Now, instead of using the same ground as the brake lights which caused the display to blink in sync with turn signals and brake light usage; I use the ground for the porch light.  The camera still gets power from the same circuit as the driving lights so the camera is powered whenever the lights are.

Added some storage to the VRRV, no more of this way of storing bottles/cans of consumables:




I've only done one short drive with the above setup, it held up just fine but does have a tendency to oscillate away from the wall, so I'll have to secure it somehow.  I'm quite happy with how it neatens up the area though.

I'm toying with the idea of raising the below dump tube for the black and gray water tanks if possible.  I'm waiting on a neighborhood friend who is a master plumber to take a look.  If doable, I'll of course have to cut a hole on the side of the VRRV so the end can poke through.

Why?  This is one of three low-hanging objects under the VRRV, the others are the exhaust pipe for the onboard 4KW generator (I think that'll be easy) and the exhaust pipe for the engine.  This one though, has very dire and messy consequences if it ever gets knocked off!


Thing One seems happy to see me at home, not sure the cat cares though:


After discussion with my financials guy at Edward Jones, I've filed for Social Security Retirement.  I went to the local office to drop off some corroborating documentation and when leaving saw this:


Sungard, was one of the places I worked as a Senior Network Engineer.  Though I did meet a couple of close friends there that I still keep in touch with; we all thought of working for Sungard as one of the levels of Hell!

I'm hoping the sight above is not an omen of bad things to come in terms of the bureaucracy of the SSA.

One of the reasons I cut my camping trip short was because Umarang, the VRRV, was due emissions testing before I could renew her licence tags.  It's every two years here in the cesspool that is Metro Denver and I'd forgotten to allow for that before departing for camping.

Uma in Lane 3, used for large vehicles and 4x4s with
very large tires apparently.

Spent an hour there, mostly waiting in line, and I'm happy to report she passed emissions!  Yay.

The last two times I was at this facility, was with the Sammy, and she failed emissions both times.  She now lives in NM under the care of a guru: MikeW who'll take care of her from this point onwards.  No emissions testing required where MikeW lives so bonus!

After passing emissions (see what I did there?), I took Uma over to the RV Storage Yard and left her there until the next camping trip.  

2 comments:

CCjon said...

Utilizing a shoe rack/bag is a great idea, very novel.

Maybe your sewer drain problem will have an easy remedy too.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCJon, I wouldn't say the sewer pipe is a problem, am just thinking perhaps I've just been fortunate in not having it snag or get knocked off....

Of course, I could stay away from roads that are that bad.....