Saturday, October 08, 2022

Still alive...just recovering.

Still here in the Four Mile Travel Management Area near Buena Vista, Colorado.  As you know, I managed to crash my TW200 a couple of times on muddy trails on Wednesday, this week.

Besides my pride, the only injury I sustained was the motorcycle falling onto my right calf somehow in the first fall.  It swelled up a bit but it's surprisingly did not bruise up.

By Thursday I was able to walk almost normally with just some twinges as I put pressure on the right leg.  Thursday was definitely a rest and recovery day.  I did get in a short hike on a nearby trail to stretch out the calf muscle.

Friday, Oct 7

Laundry at a laundromat in town, then more resting.

A lunch to help me heal....

After lunch, I saw a guy park nearby and walk into my campsite.  He said he was doing a survey, then I watched him walk over to the neighboring campsite and pick up trash.

At first I was suspicious and watched him carefully, he ended up back at my site and we talked.   He's a volunteer with a group called Friends of Four Mile.

Four Mile TMA

They go around checking the campsites, usually after the people have left, if they see trash they pick it up.  They're kind of like the eyes and ears of the BLM officers / Forest Service rangers in a way.  No enforcement authority whatsoever of course.

Actions such of those groups like this one, almost restore hope in me for humankind.





4 comments:

SonjaM said...

Take care of yourself, Dom. No rush into new adventures.

RichardM said...

A rather ominous title i.e. clickbait. Haven't you heard that those motorized bike things are dangerous! That's why they need a training wheel...

Time to relax and recuperate.

CCjon said...

Am glad it was not worse Dom. Could a rig have traversed those same roads/trails?

redlegsrides said...

SonjaM, will do.

RichardM, it's about the traffic right? Actually, I should have turned around when I saw the first steep hill trail covered in mud, foolish me.

CCjon, the 1434 trail is restricted to vehicles that are less than 50" in width. So no on 1434, 185.d and 300 were Uralable, though I wonder how a rig sliding on the mud on a steep hill would do....