Thursday, October 20, 2022

A Ride for Brigitta while Enjoying Neighborhood Fall Colors

The time for Fall Colors is actually a couple of days or so past peak for my home neighborhood trees to display their Fall Colors.

I had decided to finally get Brigitta out of the garage and get some exercise.  My departure was delayed when she expressed her displeasure at not being out since September 4 however.

Yep, she leaked gas from her right side carburetor onto the garage floor as I readied her for riding and got my riding gear on!

Tried new cork seals, that didn't work, still leaking.

Tried doubling up of the seals, still leaking.  Finally figured out it wasn't the seals for the fuel bowl, but it was coming from a overfill tube in the bowl.  I then used some needle nose pliers and bent the metal tab for the floats a tiny bit downward.  

That seemed to do the trick and I went riding.

The first two pics were taken with RichardM's comment in mind that Fall Colors should be more than just yellow.  So here you go, RichardM.



Of course, the rest will be of the yellow variety:



So what do you think?  Landscape or Portrait format better with the below scene?



I only rode perhaps 12 miles, more tomorrow.  No further fuel leaks from the right side carburetor.  Hopefully, Brigitta has finished showing her displeasure at me.


4 comments:

Oz said...

I am so jealous of your seasons. Texas goes from green to dead pretty quickly. Great photos.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz....I really should explore Texas one of these winters.

RichardM said...

Some nicer fall colors!

redlegsrides said...

And, RichardM, I didn't have to wander far....