Wednesday, January 04, 2023

Easy Day at Hot Well Dunes

The day was actually warmish, with a cold start that saw everything coated with frost at sunrise.  Not much needed to be done today by me except for fixing the trailer's license tag light.

The highlight of the day was an hour or so long dip in one of the two hot well pools.  I took Lori Z. in Scarlett's sidecar and her husband Chris followed on his TW200.

I'll have to get pics next time, all we did was soak up the heat.  There was another camper who showed up and joined us in the one pool that was open (the other was being cleaned).  

Here's a pic of our respective campsites:



After the soak, I continued riding Scarlett to charge up her battery a bit since the ride to the pools is very short.

I rode across the highway and rode to the nearby windmill water tank used for cattle I think.

That's Javelina Peak in the distance


A little bit of laying in the waning afternoon sun and then it was time to settle in for the night.  It's supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow so that'll be enjoyable.

The Z's have a drone with a camera, perhaps they'll demo it tomorrow or later this week.

No comments: