Thursday, January 19, 2023

Drone Views of Indian Bread Recreation Area and Lunch with RichardM and Bridget

 A good day today.  First, a nice sunrise:


A little bit of riding with my TW200 in rather cold temperatures to explore an area we'd seen from the rocks near our campsite.  Turns out I knew this area from previous campings.  


A view of our campsite

View of Chris and Lori during drone operations

Staring down the drone....


RichardM and his lovely wife Bridget showed up just before 1PM and brought us a BBQ lunch!  He also brought us some Chinese food he'd cooked up yesterday.  It was all quite yummy, the BBQ.  We sat, ate, chatted and generally enjoyed the calm breeze and sunny weather.

The sun had set behind the nearby mountains by the time RichardM and Bridget were ready to leave, but we still managed a group shot:


Our heartfelt thanks and appreciation to RichardM and Bridget for driving all the way from Benson, AZ and bringing lunch!  So good to see you two!

Here's a video Lori Z. shot in the morning, mostly views of the two big rocky hills next to our campsites, with me climbing and moving about.

12 comments:

Kofla Olivieri said...

Those are great images taken with a drone. I just received mine, my first drone, this week. I am looking forward to learn how to use this thing, and adding scenic footage to my youtube channel.

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

Fun droning and nothing like the drone to show space and perspective. A starring role for you Dom, you have a future in Pictures!

Bridgett needed one more block...but was close enough. Great to see you guys again!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Kofla for the feedback, I'm sure you'll have fun learning to fly the drone.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Coop, it was a good gathering...acting the puppet for the drone mistress was fun too.

SonjaM said...

Excellent job done on the drone footage with you in it. Are you now pursuing a second (or third?) career as an actor or will you be the stunt double?

redlegsrides said...

All the credit goes to Lori, SonjaM, I just edited the raw footage. As to a second career, I was more a prop than anything else.

Bridget Machida said...

Oh no, you can see the blocks I stood on!!! I really am laughing out loud! Thanks for letting us visit! You are all some of my favorite people!

redlegsrides said...

Bridget, thank you and Richard for driving out here and feeding us! Would you like for me to disguise the blocks? ;)

Blaze Our Way said...

The highlight of the day: meeting up with Bridget and Richard, then buzzing you with the drone. :) I really like the capture you made of the drone watching you.

redlegsrides said...

Lori, The whole thing was a lot of fun. Taking a picture of the drone as it Hubbard in front of me, using a telephoto at almost maximum magnification, reminded me of Hollywood movies where robots fly about hunting humanity.

CCjon said...

Great photos and video. Looks like a fun group. Had to look closer at Bridgit's shoes...then realized what she was standing on. Too funny.

Looking forward to seeing more photos and videos as you guys go from place to place.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, it's quite the group!

I think I can guarantee further aerial views of our campsites and perhaps explorations as we move closer and closer to Yuma.