Tuesday, June 07, 2022

A Whoopsie Kind of Day....

 Both Martha and I would make mistakes today that resulted in whoopsies.

We'd set off on our two-wheeled steeds, seeking a picture of Babe, the Blue Ox.  Babe is the companion to the legendary Paul Bunyan.   In Minnesota, Paul Bunyan and Babe are seemingly everywhere in the form of large sculptures of fiberglass and whatever other materials suit such projects.

We got a bit lost trying to find Paul Bunyan Land, an amusement park which featured Babe the Blue Ox at the entrance parking lot.  As we pulled over to a driveway (we were on MN 210 at the time), Martha's scooter Stewie slid on some loose gravel and down Martha went!

I of course rushed to her and while I was trying to figure out how she was hurt, about 4 other cars stopped and their drivers rushed over to help!  One guy righted Stewie, and we helped Martha to her feet.   

In another confirmation to the benefits of wearing good riding gear, the only abrasions she suffered were to her right knee.  Her riding jacket and helmet prevent other abrasions!  The pants were just regular pants, so they tore immediately on ground contact.  There were large areas of her riding jacker's right shoulder that were covered in dirt marks, and some scratches on her helmet's visor.

Still, she's OK.  No further injuries besides the skin abrasions a.k.a. road rash.  

Folks, she was a real trooper!  After assuring everyone who'd stopped that she was OK, I made sure Stewie was fine and we rode on!  After we had ridden to a nearby shopping center to get some first aid supplies, we then rode to Paul Bunyan Land and got the picture!


Next, Martha wanted to ride over to a local city park located near the Mississippi River for a picture of Stewie and her by the river.

First though, we stopped near a bakery for some pie to enjoy at the park.

Got to the park, took pictures and then we decided to head on back to the camper.  Sadly, that's when I made my one whoopsie of the day and left my camera sitting on a park bench!  Yep, I didn't realize it was gone till we were back in the campground.  

I rushed back by myself and it was too late, someone had found it and taken it.  Though the camera did have my phone number stenciled on it, I've no doubt that whomever found it, will keep it or pawn it.  

So, those are our whoopsies for today.  The camera doesn't matter, I'm just happy that Martha is fine and all she is dealing with is some soreness and of course the skin abrasions on her right knee.

So, I guess I'll drive on with just the camera in my Pixel4a phone from this point on, I'm obviously too careless to get another replacement camera!

4 comments:

CCjon said...

Martha, am happy to hear you are okay, nothing serious. By now you have washed the rash, removed any dirt or stone, applied antibiotic cream. Take a Tylenol PM and sleep like a baby. Tomorrow you will be sore but alive and walking.

Lost camera, hope you are downloading your photos every night so the loss is limited to today's shots.

Can offer you a beat up Nikon point-n-shoot if you want it. Would not matter if you loss it, still take good photos. 30X zoom.
Let me know where to send it.



redlegsrides said...

Martha doing fine this morning, thanks for the offer CCjon, very generous of you. Will advise if I decide to not only use camera phone.

SonjaM said...

Oh my, I am glad that Martha (and Stewie as well) came out of it with minor dents only. The forgotten camera happened for sure because your mind was still set on Marthas mishap. Bummer, but its just a camera. All the best to you guys!

redlegsrides said...

I am sure you're right SonjaM, but I am becoming very careless in my dotage. ;)