Friday, November 19, 2021

Sunrise...Sunset

 Yep, just a picture of today's sunrise and today's sunset.

Did not much of anything in between except more reading, some cleaning of things in the VRRV, some more overthinking of solar panel matters.



Had some interesting chats with RichardM about solar energy matters, a short chat with Chris and Lori Z. about MPPT controllers and generalities.

After many ideas and discarding them as overthinking, I've a plan to provide an anchor on the VRRV's roof for the solar panel.  It'll be a simple bracket, mounted to a roof stud.

Tomorrow, a run to the hardware store in Clifton (was going to tour the town anyways) for that anchor(s) to prevent the panel from blowing off in a strong wind.

I'll also be looking for brackets to permanently mount the solar panel(s) if I decide to go the route of two 100 Watt panels instead of continuing to tilt a single 100 Watt panel.  The reason I continue to hesitate about simply mounting the panel(s) permanently is this:  What if I find myself in a campsite shaded by trees?  The roof mounted panels would be useless.

More dithering and overthinking this issue to follow I'm sure.


2 comments:

RichardM said...

It seems that you tend to camp in areas without trees much of the time.

redlegsrides said...

Well, it is Arizona...