Sunday, November 14, 2021

Boondocking in Arizona, Days 4&5

 Saturday, November 13

Spent the whole day at the campsite, after a under the vehicle inspection revealed a problem with the fresh water tank!

I'm guessing all the dirt roads I take the VRRV down in order to seek solitude and quiet has taken its toll.

The fresh water tank was completely off the 6 mounts provided by the manufacturer!  It was basically resting on top of the chassis' frame members and wedged up against one of the shock absorber mounting bolts.

The bolt had been wearing against the plastic tank and I'm glad I caught it before it actually punctured the tank!

After emptying the tank, saving what water I could in containers available, I was able to position things properly.  I used some pieces of wood to wedge things into place until I can come up with a better and more permanent solution to support the tank.

That was it for today, was very tired by late afternoon and made it an early night.

On the plus side, the OHV/ATV noise/population was much less than expected!

Sunday, November 14

Spent most of the morning tying up loose ends with yesterday's repairs, they should last me till I get home.

Did some 4-wheeling around 4:30 PM, just playing and meandering in the dunes while I waited for the sunset.  There's only 4 other campers in the area, one of them a car camper set up in a non-designated campsite.  Oh well.  At least they're quiet.

I noticed that the hot springs soaking pools are open again!  I might have to try them out tomorrow morning while its still "cool".  I don't see the point of soaking in hot water when its sunny and hot outside like its been the last three afternoons.

I found some small hoo-doos where I parked the Sammy for the sunset pics:





2 comments:

CCjon said...

Good find on the water tank. What prompted the under carriage inspection?

redlegsrides said...

RichardM had recently mentioned and had replaced a bunch of suspension parts on his class A, so I was checking mine out and spotted the tank being basically loose.