Tuesday, May 02, 2023

Yagi's Repairs Delayed due to Incompetence

 I wrote back on Thursday of last week that I'd given the shop the go ahead to fix Yagi, my TW200.

Foolishly, it turns out, I thought they'd understood to order the parts and fix the motorcycle.  After all, the admin guy said he expected parts by Tuesday (today) and the motorcycle would be fixed by Wednesday (tomorrow).

Wrong!  When I called this afternoon to confirm whether the parts had arrived, I was told that no, he'd not ordered the parts as he was waiting for the go ahead from me!  He couldn't remember me telling him to go ahead Thursday of last week!

So after a heated exchange on the phone, he's ordered the parts and they might be here Friday.  I frankly doubt it, and since they're closed on weekends, I'm betting the parts won't arrive till Monday.  The guy apologized for the confusion and promised he'd get a tech on the motorcycle soon as parts were received.  Again, I doubt this will happen.

More to follow.  In the meantime, I'd displaced this morning from the boondocking location in Lovell Canyon back to the dry lake bed south of Henderson.  I'd thought, you see, that I'd be picking up Yagi tomorrow.  Dammit.


Pretty angry about this miscommunication.  Now delayed in this area till Monday I bet, if I'm lucky.  I won't be surprised if it's later before I can leave for points north as I make my way to Spokane, WA.


2 comments:

CCjon said...

If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all... old story is once again repeated.

Sorry, you are thrown off track... make the best of it. Maybe an incredible sunrise or sunset will happen while you wait.

redlegsrides said...

You're right CCjon, it's time to find that ever elusive silver lining...