Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Boondocking Near Spokane, WA for a bit

I left the Squaw Creek Overlook site soon after 7AM this morning, the sunrise wasn't too bad:




I crossed the might Columbia River and into Washington state around 9:30 I believe.  Another hour or so and I was exploring the iOverlander listed campsites around Fishtrap Lake, near Sprague, WA.

I ended up finding a nice spot (it was one of two remaining open spots, all others had campers already!) in the Hog Lake BLM Camping area.

Hog Lake itself is part of the WA State Park system and remains closed for the season.  I think they'll open up in time for the Memorial Day Weekend.  The gate was closed but one can walk in with no issues:


I will do more exploration of the lake later on this week I think.  There's also an old abandoned? farm site called Folsom Farm that one can tour nearby.

I like the site I got, no other campers within line of sight:



I was surprised at how full the camping area was already!  For the Memorial Day Weekend? Sure, but almost two weeks before that?

I'll be in this area till the end of the month, more to follow as I explore the area.  Martha flies into Spokane at the end of the month and I'll pick her up for some more camping.


No comments: