Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Memorial Day Boondocking

Monday, May 29

Memorial Day, which took shape after the American Civil War is considered a day to honor those who were killed in or as a result of participating in battle.

Almost 32 years ago, I was part of Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm....I count myself fortunate that my comrades in arms and I got through it with no casualties.  

Still, The Colors flew from the VRRV today to honor the fallen.


17 years ago today, I threw a leg over a motorcycle for the first time as a rider.  It was day one of the MSF Basic Rider Course, how time flies!

This means I've been blogging for almost 17 years, not that blogs are even on the general public's radar anymore.  Mine has truly become what the name implied: a Web-based Log.

Today's also day 14 of my stay at the Hog Lake BLM Dispersed Campground.  I leave tomorrow to pick up my loving wife Martha from the Spokane airport.

In the last few days, lots of resting and relaxing.  I did provide a bit of help to Chris as he replaced the motor on his Sherpa Winch.  I also helped Chris install new cameras to help Stewie's driver see all around.

Several fire pit sessions were enjoyed by Chris, Lori and I.  More to follow of course since we'll be camping with the Zs for a bit once Martha joins us.

Not a bad campground but probably won't return, not much to do around here really and the incidence of annoying people was rather high.

4 comments:

RichardM said...

It looks like a great spot. Lots more “green” around than AZ. Say hello to everyone!

redlegsrides said...

Will do, RichardM.

SonjaM said...

Loving the flame dance! Very mesmerising. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

Glad you liked it SonjaM.