Friday, May 05, 2023

More Snowbird Mesa Exploring and some Rock Formations outside the Valley of Fire S.P.

Here's some pics from yesterday's Golden Hour:




Yesterday's Sunset

This morning, I drove to the trail that leads down into the canyon for pics:

The trail to the bottom of the canyon

The road up to the other side of the canyon

A view of the above trail as it leads up to the other side of the canyon.

Afterwards, I drove the few miles to the western entrance of the Valley of Fire State Park.  I spoke to the attendant and she confirmed that the day use fee of $10 is only good for one day.  She also confirmed that the weekend crowds start today, Friday, so I'll be waiting till Monday to visit the park.

However, just shortly before the fee entrance to the state park, I could see some interesting rock formations:



I parked Scarlett on the side of the road and walked the short distance to check out the above arch and other rock formations that were nearby:




A cozy cave-like apartment...


A View of the Western Entrance to the 
Valley of Fire State Park


I returned to the campsite by Noon to fix lunch.  I would spend the rest of the day hanging out at the VRRV.  Sunny but with a high of only 75F, with the winds mild though they were, keeping things feeling cool.

4 comments:

RichardM said...

Fantastic pictures of the area. How are the temperatures?

redlegsrides said...

RichardM, 70s so far, windy at times...getting warmer next few days.

CCjon said...

You captured some great shots today. Love seeing it through your eyes.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, I managed to find some wild asses today!