Friday, May 19, 2023

Easy Last Couple of Days....with some annoyance.

Thursday, May 18

Warm day with gentle breezes.

The morning went well, with me just hanging under the shade of the VRRV's awning, enjoying an audio book.

Shortly after Noon, these two assholes show up, park in my campsite, and proceed to carry nets and tape wheels past my VRRV and into the woods!


Apparently, biology or something similar pukes, who spent time measuring the edges of a water hole about 1/4 mile into the woods.   Never a greeting or explanation, just parked and walked away.

They came back a while later, again not even casting their eyes in my direction, as if to avoid me.  I did not confront them, I'm afraid I would have come across as angry and aggressive.

The two assholes finally finished up, apparently killed and collected some small snakes which I spied in a plastic bag as they removed their waders.  


Again, never even acknowledging their intrusion, they buggered off finally.  Needless to say, Thursday was pretty much ruined in terms of peace and quiet.

Measures have been taken now to prevent further idiots thinking they can park at the campsite I'm using.  Apparently, an RV set up isn't enough of a clue to tell them to park their POS car somewhere else.



Friday, May 19

A short ride to Folsom Farm before things got too hot.  Not much there, a small shed-like building and a big dilapidated barn.  It was apparently a sheep farm back in the day.

Near the farm, restored wetlands for wildlife


Later in the afternoon, I made another visit to Hog Lake (which remains closed to vehicles):

The gravel road to the right is the small dam 
which forms Hog Lake.

I also added a sign to the VRRV.

Yes...very anti-social, but then again, that's what I am.  Perhaps this will keep further assholes away from the campsite.


3 comments:

SonjaM said...

I am really shocked about the lack of respecting your privacy. I guess I would have asked them to move to another spot. Sheesh!

Anonymous said...

I am really shocked about the lack of respecting your privacy. I guess I would have asked them to move to another spot. Sheesh! Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

The problem with my asking is I could see it escalating due to my anger, SonjaM. I think I'm going to proactively block access to future sites....