Thursday, October 23, 2008

Brigitta's Mini Me Ancestor

Today, the 1:24 Scale Model of a 1976 R90S that I won on Ebay, arrived. As you know, I've always liked the look of the Beemer Airheads with the S Fairing and I won this scale model at a very low price. I guess the 1:24 Scale is not the popular scale but works for me!

Ebay Auction Image

According to the seller, its made by Altaya of Spain, and is part of their "Motos Clasicas" series of diecast metal models. It came out in 2006 so there might be others around in case you're interested. Total cost to me with shipping from Spain: $23.

Here's a LINK to their site. They've other Marques and models as well. The website is in Spanish, and even though I speak it, was not able to figure out if I paid too much for the one I got through Ebay. Oh well. If I did, don't tell me! : )

I've got it displayed, sans case, with scale models of Maria, my R1150RT and a Franklin Mint Model of the Mercedes Benz 350SL Convertible which is similar to my 1987 560SL MB that is my ride when the weather is truly too bad for motorcycling.

The above model is of course the Daytona Orange version, not the black R80 I have with an add-on S Fairing painted black. Still, it's nice to look at.

No comments: