Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Boondocking Again at the Four Mile Recreation Area

 Once again in my preferred habitat....near Buena Vista, CO.

I departed the overcrowded cesspool that is the Metro Denver area at 10:30 AM and by 1 PM I was setting up camp.  Found one of the prime sites I'd seen the last time I was here unoccupied!

In fact, I've only seen two other campers out here so far.  Good stuff.

Next two pics are from nearby small rocky hilltops:



Uma, from the nearest campsite within line of sight

Nothing to do the rest of this slightly warm and breezy day but relax by the URRV, listening to an audio book while I wait for Martha to arrive tomorrow.



The sunset light show was not bad:


We're meeting up with another couple, Jenny and Scott Y., who should be arriving on Thursday to camp with us for a few days.

7 comments:

CCjon said...

Looks like a tranquil spot to relax. Glad you got it for the four of you to enjoy.
When will the aspen start showing their color?

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, fall colors will start appearing along the stoner state's Northern border soon....it should peak in SW Colorado area mid-late September.

Oz said...

It's great getting away and having a day to just relax. I am really curious - what genre of books do you read/listen to? Maybe you could do a Top Ten blog post.

redlegsrides said...

Oz, I tend towards military science fiction, space opera and thrillers usually with a military background or characters.

Oz said...

Interesting. I enjoy reading so I may need to try some from those genres.

Martha said...

CCjon as I came up today- along 285- I saw a few scattered trees starting to turn- so it’s x starting …

RichardM said...

Really nice, quiet site! A good place to relax for a bit…