Tuesday, January 02, 2024

A Good Start for 2024

Yesterday, New Years Day, I was able to get a couple of short rides in.  

The first ride was with Yagi, my Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport.  Her new front tire feels good along with the new front brake pads I just installed.

Some patches of ice/snow remain in the neighborhood and in the RV Storage lot within Buckley Space Force Base where I took this picture:


Do you see the small bird perched on Yagi's mirror?

The second ride was to Buckley SFB to get a shot of Brigitta, my '87 BMW R80.  However, as I'd switched jackets due to the weather having turned colder; I managed to forget my VA ID card and was unable to get into the base.

Still, it was almost a 20 mile ride for Brigitta, so its all good.  Exercise is exercise, right?

Tuesday, January 2

Clear skies today, the sun warming things nicely into the 40s in terms of temperature.

After a visit to the VA Clinic, I rode Brigitta again back to Buckley Space Force Base and this time I managed to get in.

Here she is by the F-86F Sabre Jet that used to be part of the Colorado Air National Guard:


Some more info on the above aircraft:  LINK

I rode home in the usual heavy traffic of the mid-afternoon here in the cesspool that is the Metro Denver area.  I am looking forward to getting away from here soon, perhaps as soon this coming Sunday.  It all depends on the weather of course.


4 comments:

Oz said...

The bird on the mirror is great. Looks like he posed for you. Good luck with getting out of the Denver metromess.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz, the bird was just a fortunate happenstance. Perhaps a good omen for my upcoming departure.

SonjaM said...

Dom, I bet you can't wait to get away from the cesspool, eh? I hope for you that weather will cooperate and we see you venture out to where it's less crowded. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

SonjaM, from your lips to the weather gods ears!