Friday, January 26, 2024

RV Chores Day

 Cloudy day today, but warm enough for the most part.

I helped RichardM to swap out an armchair from his Class A RV for another in better shape.  I'm glad to report nothing damaged as we "pivoted" the replacement chair in through the RV's door.

I spent the afternoon marking up the junctions of the VRRV's roof support framework.

Two winters ago I think, I'd woken and noticed that the underlying framework struts were outlined on the lightly snow-covered roof:

Using a digital edge finder device, I slowly found/confirmed and marked the junctions shown above.  The idea being that when walking about on the roof, I'll step only on the junctions and along the lines supported by the framework.

Below photos make the VRRV's roof look really dirty and scratched up, it's not really.  I just had to boost the contrast and other items via post-production to enable you to see the crosses I put on the junctions:


The white Gorilla Tape crosses are close enough along the path of the metal framework underneath the roof covering.  

I walked about the roof, stepping only on the crosses.  The footing felt fine and with no "soft" feel that I'd felt in unmarked areas.  Hopefully, the markers will prevent further "softening" of the plywood material under the TPO Roof material.

4 comments:

CCjon said...

That is some smart thinking, the white crosses.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, hopefully the tape lasts a long while. Previous attempt using Sharpie markers didn't last.

RichardM said...

Your help is really appreciated. Moving furniture in an RV is challenging…

redlegsrides said...

Any time, RichardM.