Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Last couple of days at the Amistad NRA

I stayed at the Spur 406 Campground the whole time.  If I ever return, I must try for either the first site just before the pay station, or the site I was in which is just before the dirt trail to primitive camping sites.  (Note: apparently the primitive campsites are also fee sites).

Signal was good, though for whatever reason the signal would go away for a few minutes at least once a day.

Tuesday, January 23

I rode the 14 miles or so towards the Exxon Gas Station located near the Diablo East NPS Campground.  I got some hamburger buns but the gas pumps were down, technical issues.

I rode slowly back, taking the time to check out the NPS campgrounds and facilities on the southern side of the Amistad Reservoir:

Diablo East Boat Ramp, I saw at least three
Border Patrol boats being put into the water.

The Governor's Landing Bridge on the right
and the railroad bridge on the left

On the northern end of the railroad bridge

Made it back to camp fine, here's a pic of a resident I almost ran into while walking about the campground:

Here's Tuesday's post-sunset colors:


Wednesday, January 24

Last day at the prone-to-being-overcast in January Amistad NRA, Western TX.

The temperature did climb to 63°F, so it was warmish.  However, the clouds overhead pretty much blocked the sun the whole day, I think I felt its warmth and light perhaps for a total of 5 minutes through the afternoon.

The main highlight of the day was when I rode Yagi to the end of Spur 406 for "water crossing" pictures:




I leave tomorrow for Hondo, TX to visit the Machidas at their Escapees Lot.

Tonight's post-sunset light show:


More to follow.

4 comments:

Oz said...

Good thing you didn’t get too close to that local resident! Nice sunset photos.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz, definitely stayed away from that local!

SonjaM said...

Dom, the pics by/in the water are awesome, almost artsy. I really like them. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

Thanks very much, SonjaM!