Thursday, December 28, 2023

Views of Mount Blue Sky

The snow remains on the lawns and such but is rapidly dissapearing from the roads.  Of course, my culdesac remains snow covered but no problem for Scarlett, my 2014 Ural Patrol.

The snow is a bit slick of course, causing me to use 2WD just to get moving once I'm off the driveway, but then I soon switch to 1WD as I reach dry road.

Not much has changed here since two
days ago when I took the above pic

Yesterday, the sun was out and it was a pretty clear day for viewing the mountains of the Front Range. 

Here's a view of Mount Blue Sky, formerly known as Mount Evans from the Saddle Rock Golf Course.


Today, I rode Scarlett to Performance Cycle to get the front tire swapped on Yagi, my TW200.  While this was being done, I drove over to the Westlands Park in the Denver Tech Center for this view of Mount Blue Sky:


While I was taking pictures, some geese came by to check out Scarlett:


3 comments:

CCjon said...

So why did the mountain's name change? Though, Blue Sky does sound more romantic.

redlegsrides said...

Yes it did, CCjon....

redlegsrides said...

Sorry, CCjon, I misread your question. As I understand it, it was originally named after one of Colorado's territorial governors; who had links to the Sand Creek massacre of native Americans. The name Blue sky was chosen to honor to indigenous tribes of the area.

Kind of like the renaming of army installations that were previously named after civil war Southern generals.