Tuesday, December 26, 2023

More Snow is "Mo Better"

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day yesterday!

I recall the weather forecast calling for little to no snow overnight.  So of course, we got like 4-5 inches of the white stuff and woke to snow-covered conditions.

Of course, this led to Scarlett and I motoring out after clearing off the driveway and the neighborhood sidewalk.

At Eaglecrest High School:



At the Plains Conservation Center:


Near the Saddle Rock Golf Course:


Back to the ranching neighborhood near Blackstone Country Club:



Almost got stuck turning Scarlett around at the bottom of the hill pictured below:





In the Travois neighborhood:


Zoom in to see the peak on Mount Blue Sky
formerly Mount Evans

Scarlett had pretty good traction throughout though some spots were deep enough with snow to cause me to engage 2WD.  

I did experience a possible serious issue with the throttle not lowering on left hand turns; this turned out to be a mis-routed throttle cable when I mounted the windshield back on this morning.  Easy fix by the roadside.

A few times, Scarlett's rear end swung to the right when coming to a stop on slick spots or accelerating from such.  No big deal and easily dealt with through steering and throttle inputs.

The lower right mounting point I'd "fixed" with some JBWeld for plastics seems to be holding, hopefully a long term solution for Scarlett's big windshield.

Though I had a set of tire chains with me for Scarlett, no need to use them in the conditions encountered.

5 comments:

CCjon said...

Great snow ride report. Glad there was no need for chains and the JB Weld repair is holding.

What was your riding temperature? When it gets down to 44 here, I think it's too cold to ride.

CCjon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, it was 34F when I left and it warmed up to 38F I think by the time I got home. I was actually thinking of shedding a layer in the last portion of the riding!

Oz said...

Glad you were able to fix the throttle issue easily. Great photos.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz, basically a lack of attention on my part when I remounted the windshield after I repaired it.