Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Winter Solstice Compilation

 I hope you had a good Winter Solstice today.  We had warm and sunny weather mostly, which allowed me to get in some hiking along Coal Creek.

I shot a pic of my shadow at around Noon, supposedly that's the longest it gets with the sun at its highest point in the sky due to the solstice/Earth's Axis Tilt.


Views of Coal Creek and it's trees which border all along its route:





Here's a compilation of pics taken during or very close to Winter Solstice over the years since I've been motorcycling:

4 comments:

CCjon said...

Enjoyed the video, great shots, good memories too.

redlegsrides said...

Thank you, CCjon.

SonjaM said...

Lovely pics, Dom. The best about winter solstice is the fact that days will be getting longer again. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

Thanks, SonjaM, more daylight is definitely "mo better".