Monday, November 06, 2023

The California Side Trip: Visiting with Family

Though there were other visit days with my folks, the pictures below were basically taken on Saturday.  

My dad wanted to see if the suits he had would fit Patrick and would he like to have them.  I think my dad's plan is to simplify by foisting, I mean giving me stuff to take home each time I visit.

Surprisingly, it wasn't a bad fit.  Some adjustments will be required but not bad:

In the first photo below, the picture being held by Patrick has my dad wearing the suit back during one of my grandfather's birthdays.  Said suit is what Patrick is wearing.


Here's a pic of the picture in the frame above:

Back row, my mother Rosa and father Chon
middle row: me, my paternal grandfather and mother, my sister Ana
front row: my brothers Rafael and Carlos

My mom was highly amused by all this

Thing 2 wasn't able to make this trip so Martha sat in...
2023

2018





One more pic in the courtyard at my parent's place

Same day, we went to my brother Carlos and his lovely wife Ling's place in Palo Alto for a lunch gathering.

Patrick and his cousins' dog:
Sesame






4 comments:

RichardM said...

Nice to be able to visit family!

redlegsrides said...

You'd think so, RichardM, but their chosen area to live in sucks in terms of traffic, cost of living, overcrowding, homeless camps with derelict RVs and makeshift shelters next to burned out cars....and of course trash everywhere the camps have sprouted. I don't care how nice the weather is, I for sure will not live in the Bay Area!

SonjaM said...

Love the family pics! We also have gatherings and snap pics with all of us over the years. Patrick looks very handsome in that suit by the way. Cheers, SonjaM

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM, I'll relay to Patrick.