Wednesday, November 22, 2023

A Few Days on The Range

 Recapping the days since the last post.

A little bit of riding the dirt/sand/rocky trails within Area B of the Barry M. Goldwater US Air Force Range:

Top Hat Mountain





Martha helped me change out the blower motor on the VRRV, no issues encountered and all seems well with the airflow now.

For a fleeting while, I thought I'd found valuable mineral bits:


Turns out, it was just quartz deposits called Druzzy.

Other than that, there was much relaxing, reading and resting by both of us.  We enjoyed the solitude and silence.

Of course, our camping in an Air Force gunnery range did provide for opportunities to watch A-10 Warthogs and F-16 Falcons shoot up targets in the "live" range across the highway from us.  Cool Stuff.

We're now in Fountain Hills, AZ.  We're visiting friends and family of Martha's and will be staying with them over the Thanksgiving holidays. 

Red Mountain
Located within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa
Indian Community

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in
Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise
I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences
And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

2 comments:

CCjon said...

Family is more important come Thanksgiving time, glad you two could join some of Martha's family.

redlegsrides said...

Indeed, CCjon, thanks for the comment. Hope you and yours had a good Thanksgiving.