Tuesday, September 06, 2022

New Mexico - Day 2: A Day of Sad and Happy Goodbyes....

Richard, my FIL and Martha's Dad passed this morning.  

I got the call from Martha at around 5:30 AM, and I was up with the sunrise for this shot.  I think Richard, or Doc as I called him, would have liked it.  This was the sad goodbye of the day.


R.I.P.

Martha, Richard and Laura

Martha confirmed that I should complete the primary mission of this trip and deliver the Sammy to Mike and Laura W in Elephant Butte, NM.

Around 1PM, I arrived at their house and the Sammy was transferred to its new owners and I said a happy goodbye.



Why was Laura wearing the sash that had 4 and Fabulous on it, along with a Tiara with the number 4?

Laura W.
#4

The joke is that now that Mike has three Samurais, Laura's position in the "order of affection" has now moved to number 4!  :)

Mike steps out of his "new to him" Samurai:


Martha flies soon to Wisconsin to join Laura, her sister, to get things squared away for Doc's funeral.  

Needless to say, this camping trip is now on hold and I'm making my way back home to help with things as I can.  I hope to be home before this weekend, the funeral is hopefully going to happen late next week.

Tonight's campsite and sunset.





6 comments:

Oz said...

So sorry to hear about your FIL. Praying for all the family.
The sunrise and sunset photos are great and I bet Doc would agree.
Be safe on your way home.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz for the sentiments and kind words.

SonjaM said...

My condolences to the passing of your FIL. Please also pass it on to Martha. Safe travels back home.

redlegsrides said...

Danke SonjaM, will do.

CCjon said...

Doc greatly influenced all of his family, including the in-laws. They are all the better for haven known him. R.I.P.

Nice group of photos today, one notes the sadness in them.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks, CCjon, it was that kind of day.