Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Westward, Ho! Day 14: Errands in Sullivan, last day camping in Illinois

Drove the Sammy to nearby town of Sullivan, was mailing the failed Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor back to the Amazon vendor for a refund.

Not having a printer in the VRRV, I lucked out in that the UPS shop within the ACE Hardware Store consented in printing out the label for me.  The label was for USPS you see, not UPS.  Nice of the guy.  Bought a large mailing envelope from him and dropped it off at the post office.

Then it was time to get some groceries at the IGA store next to the hardware store, convenient.

Here's the one feature that caught my eye in Sullivan, the courthouse.  What is it about county courthouses here in the States?  They're all imposing, yet similar...as if to convey authority perhaps?



Returned to the campsite, puttered about the VRRV doing minor chores and just packing away stuff in readiness for tomorrow's drive to another COE site in Missouri.

Later in the afternoon, after finally fixing the left turn signal on Yagi (I Hope), I did a test ride around the campground.  I engaged the left turn signal many times and it worked each time.  So I'm hopeful the fix is good.

Here's Yagi by the boat ramp belonging to the campground:

Lake Shelbyville



After dinner, it was time to see what kind of sunset I'd see within Illinois this trip, it proved....meh.


I'm more than ready to move on to Missouri.  I'm under, barely, 1000 miles from home now so expecting I should be back by weekend after this coming weekend.

No comments: