Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Boondocking again in the Buenos Aires NWR

The Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge is once again a place for me to spend some time boondocking.  It's been almost a year since I was last here.

The weather guessers are saying there will be some "cool" days until Sunday or so, with lots of wind as a big storm system hits Colorado where my family is awaiting it.  So I guess I can put up with high temperatures in the 50s and low 60s with very high winds, as they await a big snow storm.

The storm caused Martha to cancel her plans to fly to Tucson on Sunday, it's better we agreed for her to be home to watch over Thing 1 & 2 if the snow amount predicted actually materialize.  

So instead of heading to Tucson this weekend, I'm here near the Mexican border, ready to introduce Mariko to scenery and terrain well explored previously by Ural and T-Dub.

I picked a different spot this year, the spot I used last year is quite nice but it's quite large and I don't want to wake up with some clueless camper parked next to me.  The spot I'm in is not small but hopefully obvious as a one camper spot.


Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

You know, we rally goers are efficient with space...we could easy get 10-12 in that amount of space. Most of the group is pretty good at Kum Ba Yah too!

redlegsrides said...

Coop, that group. Better also have a good talking stick.... :)

SonjaM said...

Oh bummer, that Martha can't make it for a visit But it's still winter. We have had stormy and rainy weather today but at a mild 10°C (50F).

redlegsrides said...

Bummer indeed SonjaM! Oh well, we'll see how much snow they actually get.