Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Another hike and more Golden Hour Pictures

 It's supposed to be windy the next few days, just as well I'll be displacing tomorrow for hopefully warmer and less windy climes.

This morning, I rode Yagi about 2 miles or so to the trailhead for Slavin Trail where interesting rock formations are quite visible.

I didn't stick to the Slavin Trail once I saw a trail veer off and towards the rock formation I was hoping to get closer to.  Some hiking later, some slightly steep walking, I made it to the base of the rock formation in question.

My goal was the higher of the two smaller rock formations
perched seemingly on columns of rocks.

The rock in question

The view back towards the valley where I am boondocking

Interesting seed and the pod they were found in....

Made it back down with no issue, to find a couple admiring Yagi...they were apparently TW200 fans and were seeking their own.  They'd actually walked to the Slavin Trail but had turned around when it turned rocky.

Went back to the URRV and spent most of the afternoon reading ebooks inside and just doing minor chores within the URRV.

Shortly before 4PM, the clouds parted and the sun came out!  Temperatures soared to 66 degrees Fahrenheit so it was time to go outside!  I got into Mariko and drove over to the Council Rocks area for pictures:






Got back to camp, filled up Mariko's tires to 30 PSI in preparation for tomorrow's towing and put away the solar panels as the sun set.

I like this area for camping, will have to return some day.


4 comments:

SonjaM said...

Lovely colour scheme, Dom. And I really like the view through the rocks.

redlegsrides said...

Danke SonjaM!

CCjon said...

Council Rocks, if all questions were answered there would be no mystery in life. What fun it that?

Safe travels, looking forward to see where you set up camp next.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks CCjon, now in the Buenos Aires NWR.... again.