Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Boondocking in Western Nebraska

Yesterday, Monday the 13th, I started driving Uma, the URRV, pulling Scarlett on the trailer, headed to Wisconsin for Martha's family reunion this coming weekend.

Martha will, due to work, fly out on Friday and I'll meet her in Holmen, WI.

After almost 7 hours of driving, didn't get very far.  Made it to the vicinity of the town of Hershey, NE and found a nice boondocking spot at the East Sutherland WMA or Wildlife Management Area.

There's a lot of these WMAs strung along the I-80 Super Slab.  Though a bit noisy due to its proximity to I-80, the spot I found couldn't be better really.

Boondocking at a WMA in Nebraska

The rest of the day was spent working on stuff, and dealing with one small crisis at work which apparently resolved itself before we got too deep into it.  I'll take it!

After dinner, I headed out with Scarlett to catch a very nice Nebraska Sunset:











A couple, both on motorcycles, showed up after sunset and set up a tent at a spot by the small lake nearby.  I rode over to introduce myself, and met with Travis and Rachel.  Didn't stay long as they were still getting set up.

That's it for tonight.

7 comments:

RichardM said...

Beautiful photos! I talked to a rider from South America on a street bike at the Prudhoe Bay hotel. He said that it was snowing, sleet or rain all the way from Atigun Pass north on his way up. He did not sound very excited to be heading back south through that weather.

SonjaM said...

Perfect colours, a perfect setting, a pond reflecting the fading day light, a sunflower set in scene... you are quite the romantic type, Dom, eh? Enjoy your trip.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks RichardM

You're up at Prudhoe Bay?

On two wheels, I wouldn't be too excited either about that stretch of road.

MotoVentures said...

Beautiful sunset pics by that lake!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks MotoVentures!

RichardM said...

Just passed through Prudhoe Bay on the way to Barrow. Had about a 4 hour wait...

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM, not sure I'm a romantic...it just composed nicely.