Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Boondocking at the Mulberry Bend MWA, Nebraska

I rode out of North Dakota soon after 8:30AM and headed straight south and through South Dakota using the I-29 Super Slab.  Boring ride as expected.

Exited at the exit for Vermillion and Yankton and soon was setting up camp south of Vermillion, just across the Missouri River, along the shore in Nebraska's Mulberry Bend State Wildlife Management Area.

The boat launch at the WMA, that's the Missouri River
in the background

 Tonight's campsite

Spent the rest of the day with paperwork and a couple of chores involving the URRV.  Also doing some research on tomorrow's boondocking site.  I plan to make my way back to the SW corner of Nebraska by Thursday afternoon; leaving me a 4 hour ride home on Friday Morning.

Then it was time to catch the sunset.  It wasn't too bad though the sun itself dissapeared into smoky haze as it approached the horizon.






4 comments:

RichardM said...

The last picture looks almost like it was painted. Pretty nice!

redlegsrides said...

Thanks RichardM, the sun was still up above the horizon I think, just blocked by smoke and hazy clouds

SonjaM said...

Nice sunsets, Dom. I like the last one best.

redlegsrides said...

Thank you SonjaM....interesting that both Richard and you prefer that one, I almost passed by the opportunity to take the picture.