Sunday, October 06, 2024

T-Dub'ing the BLM area reachable via CO Hwy 90

Saturday, October 5

As mentioned before, we'd been boondocking in the area SW of the city of Montrose, CO.  The weather had been nice and warm, bordering on hot at times, with cool evenings and nights in the fifties.  Nice.

I decided to do some exploring with Yagi, my TW200, and ended up mainly riding up rocky trails as I found them, usually up to rocky hill tops to see what I could see.

The below rock formation catches the eye when riding up CO Hwy 90 towards Nucla.



The access trail that leads one to the above rocky hilltop also provides access to shooting areas.  

The next hill top area was reachable via a gate labeled: Extreme Rock Crawling Trail.  It was very rocky and I didn't go far along the main trail as it didn't seem to lead anywhere scenic.

Instead I rode up the hilltop near the gate entrance:



The below pic shows the rocky hilltop from a nearby ridge.


After being hosted for dinner by Chris and Lori Z.  We played Texas Hold'em Poker till dark and we also enjoyed a nice fire from their portable fire pit.


Sunday, October 6

Mid-morning, I rode the short distance to Linscott Overlook.  A very rough and rocky trail but nothing for the Tdub.  Not much to report as to scenery:



I did find where some shit bird decide to litter in a major way:


I didn't see where the rest of the truck was, possibly it was just the hood.

The rest of the day consisted of quiet relaxation by all.

A bit of the Play Nine card game after dinner and a nice camp fire:



No comments: