Thursday, October 10, 2024

A Few More Rocks at Hartman and now Boondocking near Poncha Pass, CO

 Wednesday, Oct 9

Woke to temperatures in the mid to high 30s.  A bit brisk but OK after I turned on the catalytic propane heater.

I ended up mostly hanging out at the camp in the morning.  I did ride out in the afternoon to check out the rock climbing areas.  Several campsites nearby these rock climbs too, but a bit crowded in for my taste.







Thursday, Oct 10

It was a few degrees colder when I woke this morning, which made up my mind about displacing to warmer locations.  Such as the BLM Dispersed camping area south of Poncha Pass, near Salida, CO.

Decision made, I was packed up and heading into town by 10AM, got the tanks dumped and took on water by 11AM and by 1230 or so was choosing a site to camp at.  I tried the usual spot but found it hard to get the rig leveled, so I went up hill a bit and got a snug little spot instead.  


I may have arrived at the area at the beginning of the tail end of the Fall Colors.  Here's a few show of it near the campsite within the BLM area.  I think I'll try and check out the Fall Colors along nearby Marshall Pass tomorrow.





2 comments:

CCjon said...

Looks like you are finding the solitude among the fading aspen that you enjoy. Next step further south to NM?

redlegsrides said...

I don't think so, CCjon, Yagi's no spark issue has returned. I am wanting to be at home anyways by the elections.