Thursday, August 01, 2024

Lazy Last Days Boondocking near Buena Vista, CO

Hope you had a Happy Colorado Day!

Just hung out at the campsite the last two days, some minor chores related to the VRRV but basically just reading and reeling.  I did do a ride with Yagi yesterday to see how many rigs had shown up, only three.  

Reeling: wasting one's time looking at reels on Facebook.  

It was hot today, it hit 90°F today, but still better than the 96°F that I saw for the Denver Metro cesspool.  Unfortunately, tomorrow's high there will be 93°F and I'll be returning to my home for the weekend.

There were more camping rigs and cars headed to the dispersed camping area on CR376.  The best days to hit this area, it seems, are Tuesday/Wednesday in order to maximize your choices of campsites.

It finally cooled off after 6:30 PM or so while I cooked and ate dinner.  By 7:30 PM I was heading out on Yagi, my TW200, to catch the last sunset for this particular location and camping trip.

I went to what I call Sunset Point.  It's in a wide group area camp spot designated 315B.  Great views, but there were three rigs camping there so it's a popular location.

The sunset was pretty good, a nice sendoff for me.








2 comments:

Oz said...

The sky looks on fire. Great shots.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz