Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Now Boondocking Near Rabbit Ears Pass

In anticipation of the upcoming changing of the leaves colors here in the Colorado High Country (not high because we're the Stoner State of course); I'm in the northern part of Colorado.

So far, no visible color changes to be seen on my way up from the overcrowded cesspool that is the Denver Metro Area.

I should start seeing leaves changing color sometime next week I believe.  In the meantime, I'll endeavor to get some solitude camping in as Martha had other social commitments for next week.



I doubt I'll stay here past Thursday, this area is popular for campers and cars transiting east or west along US 40.  In fact, for the last hour or so, I've had a couple of swine from MN parked near my campsite, not sure waiting for what.


I hope to check out the old Rabbit Ears Pass tomorrow, the current Rabbit Ears Pass is just a few miles down the road on US40 and not very exciting.

More to follow.


3 comments:

Steve Williams said...

For as serene as that location looks you seem a bit agitated. Or maybe between the cesspool, stoners, and MN intruders it's just all too much to bear.

My dad and I drove through Rabbit Ears pass back in 1970 in our VW Campmobile. It was slow going in that thing.

Hope all is well with you.

redlegsrides said...

Serene location? yes it was Steve, but the encroaching assholes and the ever-growing swarms of hunters this morning convince me to this place southwards.

Steve Williams said...

Hunters. I sort of forget about them until much later here. The small game hunters are few and less overwhelming with their shotguns than the hordes of deer hunters who swarm Pennsylvania after Thanksgiving. We definitely have too many deer and hunting is critical here but man it feels overwhelming at times. Sounds like a war with gunshots echoing through the valley.

I hope you find a spot where you can relax!