Sunday, February 12, 2023

Now Boondocking in the Barry Goldwater AF Range's Area B

Spent the morning driving from the Buenos Aires NWR to a favorite boondocking location within the Barry Goldwater Air Force Range north of Ajo, AZ.

I've been here several times before in my Arizona boondocking travels and it remains a favorite due to its isolation, general lack of people and good signal for the most part for Internet access.


I then went out on Yagi, my TW200 Dual Sport to check out the fake Tracked Missile Launcher along Trail 605.

Looks pretty real doesn't it?

Returning towards my campsite, I kept going for a few miles to get this shot of Top Hat Mountain:


A quick detour on Road 606 resulted in this nice small field of yellow flowers:

The rest of the afternoon, was spent in the warm sun though the winds steadily increased towards evening, bring along a chill factor.

Sunset was pretty dull, cloudless you see, so I went for silhouette shots instead:



Soon after I shot the above sunset shots, the Z's showed up with their overlander rig: Stewie.  They'd decided to skip the scenic loop down in the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument and head straight here.  

We sat in Uma, the VRRV, and chatted into the night.  Very enjoyable and we'll be spending a day or two here in this area before moving on towards Yuma.

1 comment:

RichardM said...

That looks like a pretty cool boondocking location!