Saturday, February 11, 2023

Last Ride for Scarlett near the BANWR this trip

The last couple of days have been pretty crappy in terms of high winds and cloudy skies.

The high winds did give me a chance to locate and seal some air leaks I had discovered near the furnace compartment and the power cable storage cabinet.


This afternoon, I took Scarlett out for a ride even though it was still mostly cloudy, the sun would pop out once in a while among the clouds. The temperature was in the mid-60s but the winds made it seem cooler.

View of Baboquivari from the Mormon Corrals area

Rancher herding his cows

A view of our campsite from the road to the corrals

Another view of Baboquivari

Mildred Peak

A little bit closer to the highway, there's a turnoff for what looks like a decent sized pond.  I believe its just used to supply water to nearby tanks and to water the ranch's cattle.



Sadly, out of the camera's view, there was a lot of trash on the pond's shore.  Why can't people just visit an area and not leave their damn garbage?

Sunset was cloudless to the west but interesting to the east in the Alpenglow:

Once I returned to camp I started packing up to this place tomorrow.  I usually don't displace during a weekend but I figure the weather might be better closer to Yuma and it's Super Bowl Sunday so most folks will be glued to their TV and not camping hopefully.

I believe the Z's are going to stay one more day and then they're going to follow in my tracks eventually meeting back up with me in Yuma this coming week.  I hope we get warmer weather soon!

4 comments:

RichardM said...

Where near Yuma?

redlegsrides said...

I'm thinking north imperial dunes, just across the California border.

Oz said...

I don't understand how people can leave trash either. It's not like its difficult to find an appropriate trash can. The selfishness of people is amazing.
Thanks for sharing you great photos.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks Oz, as to the soiled ass wipes who litter, I can only hope they get the negative karma they so richly deserve.