Tuesday, August 30, 2022

The Sammy is going to a new home.

After much anguish, costs and worries, I've decided to take the Sammy to a new home and owner.

I must say, it feels like a great weight has been lifted off of me.

The Sammy will go to someone who is more than capable of fixing her current and future issues.  Mike and Laura are great friends that Martha and I met through the Sammy, they and other Samurai enthusiasts who befriended us as newbie Samurai owners will of course remain friends.

I'll pick her up from the shop today, and ready things to take her to her new home in New Mexico after the Labor Day Weekend.


6 comments:

SonjaM said...

Sometimes it is better to part with things, especially when cost become a money pit. Wishing you a safe trip down to NM.

redlegsrides said...

Thanks SonjaM! I am slowly learning the lesson of not letting my possessions possess me.

CCjon said...

Sammy was your Ural with four wheels... too bad they don't make new ones anymore...what's next???

redlegsrides said...

CCjon, no other fourwheeler in my future except for when Martha retires in 3 years; then we'll rig her CRV to be towed. Going back to my roots, two wheels this coming trip and later on my Ural will come along as well....just can't tow the Sammy and Ural trailer at same time.

Oz said...

Glad you were able find a good home for it.

redlegsrides said...

It's all for the best Oz, I'm better with motorcycles it seems.